Who is Software Tester ANZSCO 261314?
Software testing plays are key significant role in the process of software development. It’s usually done to find out the errors and faults that may have arisen in the phases of software development commencing from gathering of the requirements to its execution. The process is necessary as it helps in building a good reputation for the company and ensuring complete client satisfaction. A software tester is involved in the process of testing software and to ensure that products of the software are of the right quality. In the company, they form part of the quality assurance team. They perform manual and automatic tests.
Moreover, they ensure that the software product development fulfils its purpose and also if it’s following the requirements of the customer. A brief description of the duties and roles related to the software tester is provided in the Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) system. Occupation codes 261314 contain more information about the job profile for any interested candidate to refer to. Australian Computer Society (ACS) is the body entrusted to assess skilled candidates in the field of ICT who are migrating to Australia.
Job Description of Software Tester ANZSCO 261314
Software testers can get hired in a wide variety of corporations and businesses such as the public sector, transport, telecommunication, healthcare, media, manufacturing, retail and financial services. Following ANZSCO, the job description for a software tester includes:
- Preparing documents and logging the test procedure results including the discovered faults and how rectification was done
- They are involved in writing and specifying the software testing plans such as test scripts and test cases.
- They are entrusted to find any bugs in the software before the clients receive the product to ensure it’s working smoothly.
- To carry out software testing using manual and automated testing procedures such as scalability testing, performance testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
- At times of product release, their job role can be stressful and it involves working as a team comprising of quality assurance engineers and their fellow testers.
Roles and Responsibilities of Software Tester ANZSCO 261314
The software tester’s role may differ depending upon the requirements of the project. In some cases, they are brought into the project at the starting point but in other cases, they are introduced when the testing requirement arises in the project.
Software tester 261324 typical roles and responsibilities as defined in ANZSCO include:
- To work in teamwork with software test engineers, quality assurance engineers, and software developers.
- Programs maintenance so that they meet the system specifications, technical requirements, and system design as per the quality standards.
- They work on a various project at once and ensure good coordination within them
- To identify deficiencies and faults in a system and its associated processes
- They are required to test software products in various platforms and environments such as web and mobile.
- Creating documents and providing support for software designing tasks, financial and costing evaluation of the systems’ software, their up gradation, and maintenance.
- They analyze, process, and evaluate the requirements of the systems.
- To correct the failures, faults, and errors in the application programs to ensure that the programs perform the specified functions and are following the quality standards.
- They are supposed to meet the system’s users, explain to them the scope of the software solution, or train them.
Qualifications Required for Software Tester ANZSCO 261314
- ACS Software testers are expected to have a higher qualification or a bachelor’s in the field of information technology and computer science.
- On-job training or relevant experience in certain scenarios it’s a must.
- However, an applicant can compensate for formal education if they have a vendor certificate or field experience for 5 years as a minimum in the same field.
Skills Required for Software Tester ANZSCO 261314
Software testers should be tactful and possess coordination capability in the team and perform in teamwork. Any interested candidates to demonstrate their competitiveness in their RPL application they need to include a few personality traits such as:
- Should be an analytical and critical thinker
- Should be able to solve problems.
- organizational and time management skills
- Should have good presentation skills.
- Should be attentive to details.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadline
ANZSCO provides some closely related ICT units for the profession of software engineer such as:
- Systems Programming
- Software Testing and Software Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Current programming Languages
- File Processing
- Data Structures
- Project and quality management
- Artificial Intelligence