Who is ICT Quality Assurance Engineer ANZSCO 263211?
Currently, the role of the quality assurance team in any company is been noticed as most of the companies have begun investing in them so that the products delivered to the clients will not have any defect. Therefore, an engineer or a quality assurance engineer of a company holds a significant position. The functions of any quality assurance engineer to the customers is not usually limited to ensuring standard solutions but also includes meeting the demands of the customers, cost-saving, and trust-building. The experts also play a critical role in any company ensuring the efficient functioning of the computer systems, audit systems, and the environment to check if they are adhering to the quality standards and regulation. Under Code 263221 of the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Organization (ANZSCO) defines the overall admissibility for an ICT Quality Assurance engineer. Any candidate with the expertise of a quality assurance engineer migrating to Australia should have an RPL report assessed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). The content of the report usually includes the skills, achievements, and experience they have acquired during their employment in this job.
Job Description of ICT Quality Assurance Engineer ANZSCO 263211
The key role of a quality assurance engineer cannot be underestimated especially in a company undertaking a manufacturing process. Quality assurance engineers can be employed by various industries like textiles, Automotive, electronics, and IT.
The job description descriptions of an ICT Quality engineer as stipulated in ANZSCO include:
- The key environment areas of working are in manufacturing facilities and testing laboratories.
- They have to ensure that complete software systems are functioning well and perform audits.
- The quality assurance engineer should focus on ensuring that they monitor the statistics accordingly and achieving quality standards.
- They are mandated in a company to oversee any team of quality assurance.
- The role of an ICT quality Assurance engineer is to ensure that he has established quality standards that adhere to the internal and external specifications of the culture and the organization.
- They have to ensure that the systems’ requirements are met in each stage and monitor the cycle of complete software development.
Any individual can use the laid examples of roles and responsibilities of quality assurance engineers found in the ANZSCO code and nominate the occupation of ICT accordingly. Quality assurance engineers’ role is as follow:
- To perform a quality audit from time to time to ensure that the systems are adhering to the standards and the quality goals are effectively achieved by the system.
- Creating and implementing a test case scenario and also test plan development
- Ensuring testing of the system using the procedures and software testing skills against standards of quality.
- Ensuring that they have provided timely feedback by reviewing the technical designs and requirement specifications to the development team.
- Finding a solution to tackle the problem of dips in quality of a product by first establishing the issue behind it.
- To identify and document the tracking record of bugs in the product
- Ensuring that the target is maintained. Establishing the target of Quality Control and periodically reviewing them
- Generating the policy of quality management to be followed by the development team
- Establish any risk that may arise in the process of achieving quality standards.
- Criteria definition of any product acceptance with the agreement of the team of the development.
- Dealing with technical problems by analyzing and evaluating them that may come up in the installation, configuration maintenance, repair of the system including hardware like printers, desktops, etc., and software programs like database, email, operating system, internet, etc.
Qualifications Required for ICT Quality Assurance Engineer ANZSCO 263211
- For any individual to qualify for a nomination of 263211 ICT Quality Assurance engineer, the candidate is supposed to have a bachelor or qualification that is higher in the relevant field which entails subjects such as operation research, design, simulation, facilities planning, and quality control.
- This can compensate for formal education if the individual has a vendor certificate or field experience for 5 years as a minimum.
Skills Required for ICT Quality Assurance Engineer ANZSCO 263211
Any quality assurance engineer should possess skills, not only a clear understanding of the ethical procedures of quality assurance but also strong interpersonal skills. As a result, a quality assurance engineer should have the following:
- Proficiency in engineering principles
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
- Having a know how the process of software development
- Have the abilities to investigate
- Should be aware of the ICT software policies and ISO standards
- Communication skill should be strong
- Strong ambition to be perfect
The job role of any quality assurance engineers needs to have ICT core units such as:
- Quality assurance and management
- Knowledge in Software Engineering
- Management of Databases
- Validation of software
- Security information systems
- Operations Research
- Business Information systems
- Data Communication
- Risk Management
- ICT Security
- Testing of software
- Computer Forensics