Who is ICT Systems Test Engineer ANZSCO 2632131
System testing refers to the assessment of the whole product to find out in the system any defects or faults. A system test engineer is an expert who finds out any defect or fault in a system that does not adhere to the software system requirement (SRS). New Zealand and Australia Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) is a system of classification that entails in Australia all the available jobs. Also, it defines the responsibilities and duties under ANZSCO code 263213 for ICT systems test engineers. Hence, any applicant willing to migrate to Australia should first research and assess the job profile, afterwards start with the RPL application process. The Australian computer society (ACS) assesses the RPL report because it’s the body that is mandated to assess the candidate’s capabilities, skills, and job duties mentioned in the report. For anyone to prepare an RPL report that is competitive, one must be conversant with the job profile as described by the ANZSCO for an ICT system test engineer
Job Description of ICT Systems Test Engineer ANZSCO 2632131
System test engineers in various organizations work under a team of quality assurance. Their main role includes ensuring that utilities and software programs are properly working. The job description of an ICT systems test engineer includes the following:
- The job of testing engineers for effective strategies in testing computer systems involves designing, building, and executing the strategies.
- They must be conversant with manual testing techniques and automated testing tools.
- They need to undertake various kinds of testing strategies that include white-box testing, Rey box testing, and black-box testing.
- They put into the record the result obtained, defect found and rectified after testing the behaviour of a system in different scenarios.
- They must be conscious of not only the non-fundamental but also the fundamentals system requirement to ensure they can test the same for integrity.
- They are supposed to perform in a team containing various software developers and test engineers to ensure solutions of the software are optimally working.
System tester and ICT test analyst are some of the alternative titles of an ICT system test engineer. The following are the roles and responsibilities for the job profile:
- To detect the issue by use of the software programs and provide solutions that conform to the quality standards and processes
- Programming the testing protocol and providing guidelines for quality standards to ensure that the system can work according to user requirement and specification
- To analyse the systems software, schedule audit, and review the data and provide systems documentation.
- Performing with software engineers and firmware developers to ensure the security and integrity of the systems
- Finding any risk that is potential to the system that may endanger the system’s quality standards
- To communicate with the user and management team to aware them of procedures being used to maintain the software quality, the standards, and quality control activities.
- Repairing issue on the computer system that may appear such as a printer, storage devices, desktops, and other peripherals
- To deal with any issue connected to maintenance, up-gradation, and repair installation of the software systems such as databases, operating systems, email, the internet, and other programs software.
- To detect the parts that don’t adhere to the software standards and provide a necessitated action plan to solve them.
- To create documents such as technical reports, operation manuals, maintenance documents, specification reports, procedure guides, and instruction guides
Qualifications Required for ICT Systems Test Engineer ANZSCO 2632131
- For the occupation of ICT systems engineer following ANZSCO requirements are a higher degree or a bachelor in the field connected to computer science and engineering.
- Also,5 years’ relevant experience as a minimum can compensate for formal education
- In certain cases, however, appropriate training and experience are mandatory for this job role.
Skills Required for ICT Systems Test Engineer ANZSCO 2632131
In addition to acquiring the relevant experience of working in the ICT field and educational qualification, assistance test engineers have to prove their excellent interpersonal skills like:
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Value teamwork
- Good in time management
- Interpersonal skills
- ability to create documentation
- critical thinking skills
- Innovative and creative.
Some of the ICT units of a system test engineer provided by ANZSCO are nearly connected to the description of the job such as:
- Database Management Systems Implement
- Operating Systems
- Information Security
- Technical skills in Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Computer Audits
- Software Testing
- Data Communication
- Network Architecture
- ICT Security
- Information Systems