CDR Report Sample for Chemical Engineering
The Competency Demonstration Report Sample for Chemical Engineer consists of three career episodes, summary statement and continuous professional development. This Biomedical Engineer CDR Report Sample summary is as follows.
Chemical Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: “Pyrolysis based production of liquid hydrocarbon from rice straw.”
In the first career episode, the author describes the project he did when working as a Chemical Engineering student at University during the Bachelor’s degree. This career episode is based on his project named Pyrolysis-based production of liquid hydrocarbon from rice straw. The responsibilities of the author were as shown below.
- Design of the catalytic pyrolyzer, specifying each of the equipment used and giving the apparatus’s dimensions and capacities.
- Modelling of the pre-treatment processes for the rice straw in preparation for use as the raw materials for the production of liquid hydrocarbons
- Analysis and preparation of the ZSM – 5 catalysts will activate and accelerate the pyrolysis process for optimum yield.
- Calculations of Catalytic chamber to ascertain the mass and energy balances for the conversion process in the pyrolysis chamber.
- Development of the experimental procedure that will be followed during the production process for a more reliable process
- Carried out the yield estimations/ approximations for the rice straw’s production capacity and make comparisons of the production rates using different catalysts.
- Project documentation, reporting of the various activities and presentation of the progress to the supervising team.
- Safety procedures development for the experimentation process, outlining the expected standards and specifying the codes.
Chemical Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: “Reduction of black spots formation on paperboards”
In second career episode, the author explains the Chemical engineering skills he used while working at ITC paper and speciality papers division (PSPD) company as process specialist. The roles that were assigned to the author are;
- Studying the available machines’ operational conditions in the industry and determining the possible cause of stickiest at the final paper board.
- Analyzing the process parameters that would impact stickies on the paperboard and ensure all the possible parameters are eliminated by coupling their removal mechanism in the design machine.
- Studying the raw materials to analyse properties that may cause blackspot formation on the final paperboard and propose a change or rather purification.
- Designing and commissioned both Krofta and poisedon machine for ease in removing contaminants leading to black spots through a top layer clarifier system.
- Studying the effects of the chemicals used for floatation at different treatment stages on sticky relations and deposit formation and thus propose change where it can.
- Analyzing the process water, which may be the possible cause of black spots due to suspensions or impurities that may react with the chemicals being used within the process, thus leading to blackspots?
- Calculating the pressure transmittance within the process and therefore determining the size of screens to be used to achieve accurate pressure gauges.
Chemical Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: “Fiber-reinforced sandwich structure development.”
In the third Career Episode, the author demonstrates the project he did while studying Chemical Engineering at University while doing Bachelor’s Degree. Below are the duties he did during that time
- Modelling the procedures for, and experimentally carrying out the preparation of Rigid Polyurethane foam.
- Structure composites development using hand layup process, for the sandwich, combine different forms such as glass, bamboo, jute or hybrids.
- The composite sandwich material’s physical and mechanical characterization, considering the inter-laminar shear, tensile stress, flexural strength, and compressive strength.
- Design experiments to physically and mechanically test the different proportioned material samples of polyurethane foam and different types of sandwich structures.
- Modelling and carrying out the flammability and moisture absorption tests on differently proportioned composite sandwich material.
- Specification of the quantity and quality of materials required in the various phases of development of the material.
- Polyurethane foam cell size, microstructure, and core facing characterization, using the scanning electron microscopy technique.
- Data collection results in analysis and derivation of a conclusion from the experiments conducted.
- Project documentation, through submission of the progress, reports to the supervising professor and final presentations.
Chemical Engineer Summary Statement:
The author of this summary statement presented the entire competency element necessary for the assessment as a Professional Chemical Engineer by Engineers Australia. The summary statement has been referenced to the relevant areas of career episodes recommended by the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. This summary statement meets the requirements for engineers Australia assessment.
Continuing Professional Development Sample:
The CPD items mentioned include training (professional and non-professional courses), private studies, seminars, conferences, and membership to professional bodies. The other activities include workshops attended, research book reading, among others. The CPD clearly explains the Author’s relevant activities in Biomedical Engineering.
Contact us through email@example.com for you to get more information about our CDR writing services